Matchday Recap: Blues lose out in German pre-season opener
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town lost the first game of their pre-season programme 3-2 against Paderborn this afternoon.
The German side were promoted to the top flight at the end of last season and offer the Blues a strong test in their opening fixture.
The game is being played at Stadion Laumeskamp in Delbruck, home of amateur German side Delbrucker SC.
Ipswich are in Germany for a 12-day training camp, having arrived at their North West base on Thursday, and round out the tour with the four-team Interwetten Cup next Sunday.
Speaking ahead of the tour, midfielder Cole Skuse said: "We're all looking forward to it and it should be a good trip.
You may also want to watch:
"We're under the instructions that it will be 10 days where we're very close and spending a lot of time with each other - that will be brilliant for the new lads that have come in.
"Some of the younger guys, that haven't been on many pre-season trips, should enjoy it too. We're there to bond and I think that's important.
- 1 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 2 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 3 Vaccination centre programme in Essex 'not working' says critic
- 4 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Hundreds of new homes approved for rural village
- 7 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 8 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 9 Alan Lee: 'If I had any friendly advice for Town, I'd say mix it up a bit.'
- 10 Mike Bacon: Why are Town so wedded to the 4-3-3? It's not working, so let's try something else!
"It will be hard work but nice to travel around for our games and see some different places. I've also been told to prepare a few of my famous quizzes for the lads when we've got some downtime."
You can follow the game live with us here.