Matchday Recap: Blues lose out in German pre-season opener
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town lost the first game of their pre-season programme 3-2 against Paderborn this afternoon.
The German side were promoted to the top flight at the end of last season and offer the Blues a strong test in their opening fixture.
The game is being played at Stadion Laumeskamp in Delbruck, home of amateur German side Delbrucker SC.
Ipswich are in Germany for a 12-day training camp, having arrived at their North West base on Thursday, and round out the tour with the four-team Interwetten Cup next Sunday.
Speaking ahead of the tour, midfielder Cole Skuse said: "We're all looking forward to it and it should be a good trip.
You may also want to watch:
"We're under the instructions that it will be 10 days where we're very close and spending a lot of time with each other - that will be brilliant for the new lads that have come in.
"Some of the younger guys, that haven't been on many pre-season trips, should enjoy it too. We're there to bond and I think that's important.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
"It will be hard work but nice to travel around for our games and see some different places. I've also been told to prepare a few of my famous quizzes for the lads when we've got some downtime."
You can follow the game live with us here.