Ipswich Town start pre-season against Paderborn, with friendlies against Notts County and Colchester to follow
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich Town will start their pre-season campaign with a game against German club SC Paderborn 07, at the Cronsbachstadion, in Steinhagen, on Saturday, July 6 (3pm ko).
Paderborn finished second in 2. Bundesliga to gain promotion back to the top-flight this season.
The Blues will be based in West Germany between July 4-15 for an extended training camp under manager Paul Lambert.
It's understood Town will end that trip by playing in a one-day, four-team tournament on Sunday, July 14. Teams from Germany and Holland will be involved, with all matches 45 minutes long. The winners and losers of the first matches will subsequently face each other.
Norwich City arrive in a similar part of Germany towards the back end of Town's trip. They too will face SC Paderborn in a friendly (July 16), having also played them last summer.
Upon their return to England, Town will play a series of friendlies against domestic opposition.
On Friday, July 19 they take on Colchester United - who just missed out on a League Two play-off place - at The Community Stadium (7.30pm)
- 1 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 6 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 7 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 8 NHS 'wargames' collapse of West Suffolk Hospital building
- 9 Police release CCTV images after man suffers broken nose in attack
- 10 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
On Tuesday, July 23 they take on Notts County - who have just been relegated out of the Football League - at Meadow Lane (7pm ko).
They'll finish pre-season at League Two side Cambridge United on Saturday, July 27 (1pm ko) before kicking off their League One campaign a week later.
Town traditionally finish their summer schedule with a home game, but Portman Road hosting a Rod Stewart concert next month means that is was not possible this year as annual pitch renovations will start later.
Thurs, June 20 - Fixture release date (9am)
Sat, July 6 - SC Paderborn (in Steinhagen) 3pm
Fri, July 19 - Colchester Utd (a) 7.30pm
Tues, July 23 - Notts County (a) 7pm
Thurs, July 25 - Open Day at Portman Road
Sat, July 27 - Cambridge Utd (a) 1pm
Fri/Sta, Aug 2/3 - League One opener
w/c Aug 12 - Carabao Cup round one
Mon, Sept 2 - Transfer window deadline
w/c Sept 2 - EFL Trophy round one