Schramm keen on a Witches return
CHRIS Schramm has confirmed that he would accept a call to ride for Ipswich Witches again in 2011.
The 26-year-old was a worthy member of the Witches side in 2008 when he took the bull by the horns and rode full time in the Elite League.
It was the numbers game more than anything else that led to the Essex-based rider being left out of the side last year when Schramm dropped down to the Premier League with King’s Lynn.
This season he is with Workington and has also been associated with top flight club Eastbourne.
Schramm was in determined mood when asked by Belle Vue to guest against Ipswich at Foxhall last Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
He was paid for 11 points from six rides and if Ipswich needed any nudging about the ability and desire of one the rare young British riders prepared to make the financial gamble and jump up from the Premier League, Schramm gave it to them in bundles,.
And he said: “It would be nice to be riding back at Ipswich. If I was asked I would take the opportunity with both hands.”
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk