Seagulls keep eye on Bowditch recovery
DEAN Bowditch is making good progress as he recovers from a groin operation.The Blues striker is way down the pecking order at Portman Road and Brighton are keeping a close eye on his progress.
By Derek Davis
Football: Dean Bowditch is making good progress as he recovers from a groin operation.
The Blues striker is way down the pecking order at Portman Road and Brighton are keeping a close eye on his progress.
Bowditch spent a successful loan spell at the Withdean Stadium last year and the Seagulls are keen to have him back.
You may also want to watch:
But first he must regain full fitness and the 21-year-old has started kicking a ball and multi-directional work.
Blues boss Jim Magilton said: “Brighton have been monitoring Dean's progress.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 10 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
“Dean is out of the physio room now and ready to join light training. He needs a few games first then we will see from there.”
Although Bowditch won't be ready to play in it, the Town reserves entertain Brighton's second string on Wednesday evening in the Reserves' League Champions Cup, a game held over from last season between the winners of their respective divisions.