Sean Clohessy released by Colchester United
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Experienced defender, Sean Clohessy, has been released by Colchester United following the end of this season.
Recruited by former U’s boss Joe Dunne, last summer, Clohessy was a regular during the first half of the season.
He was dropped for one game – the 6-0 defeat at MK Dons in late November – before being recalled to the squad by manager Tony Humes for the next three months.
However, ex-Sounthend right-back Clohessy was dropped again, following the 2-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers on February 28, when he refused to shake hands with manager Humes after being substituted.
Clohessy was left out in the cold, and did not make another appearance during the last two months of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Humes explained: “Sean had another year left on his contract but it was in everyone’s interests that it was terminated, allowing Sean to find another club over the summer.”
Meanwhile, young striker Dominic Smith has also been released by the U’s.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill