Sears felt in control as Ipswich Town ease to comfortable win at Charlton
Freddie Sears believes Ipswich Town were always in control as they secured a comfortable 3-0 win away at Charlton this afternoon.
The former Colchester front man scored between two Daryl Murphy strikes to help the Blues to victory at The Valley, their first on live television this year in what was their 12th attempt.
In truth the Blues were always in control without being at their fluent best, with Sears insisting the victory was thoroughly deserved.
“We’ve been playing well recently and individually I think I had been playing well too so it was a case of going out there and doing the same thing,” he said.
“We looked strong from the start to the finish and we deserved all three points. It was probably one of the most comfortable games we’ve had although they did come at us in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
“Being 2-0 up is kind of a dodgy scoreline, the game is kind of over for us but for them they have nothing to lose, so they pushed us and started bright in the first 15 minutes.
“Once we got the third goal the game was over.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton