Sears felt in control as Ipswich Town ease to comfortable win at Charlton
Freddie Sears believes Ipswich Town were always in control as they secured a comfortable 3-0 win away at Charlton this afternoon.
The former Colchester front man scored between two Daryl Murphy strikes to help the Blues to victory at The Valley, their first on live television this year in what was their 12th attempt.
In truth the Blues were always in control without being at their fluent best, with Sears insisting the victory was thoroughly deserved.
“We’ve been playing well recently and individually I think I had been playing well too so it was a case of going out there and doing the same thing,” he said.
“We looked strong from the start to the finish and we deserved all three points. It was probably one of the most comfortable games we’ve had although they did come at us in the second half.
“Being 2-0 up is kind of a dodgy scoreline, the game is kind of over for us but for them they have nothing to lose, so they pushed us and started bright in the first 15 minutes.
“Once we got the third goal the game was over.”
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds