Sears: Murphy’s goal drought has to end soon
Freddie Sears believes Daryl Murphy’s tough run in front of goal is close to coming to an end.
Having led the Championship scoring charts last season with 27 goals, Irishman Murphy has failed to score in 2015/16 but has turned in a series of improved displays in recent weeks following a difficult start to the season.
Despite his struggles, Sears insisted his strike partner is still finding the net regularly in training and that it’s only a matter of time before he does so in competitive action.
“Murph’s a good player, he’s showed that and he’s been good for the last couple of weeks,” Sears said.
“He’s been unlucky with that final ball and the final goal but he’ll get there for sure, he scored 27 goals last season so he’s going to score.
You may also want to watch:
“TC (Terry Connor, assistant manager) does a lot of work with the strikers on Friday mornings and we’re always out there working on our finishing.
“They’ve been flying in for him in training but now it’s about him doing it on a Saturday afternoon.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain