Seasiders hoping to maintain good start with FA Vase progression
- Credit: Archant
It’s pastures new for Felixstowe & Walton United this weekend as they travel to the outskirts of North London for their FA Vase First Round Qualifying match, writes Phil Griffiths.
The Suffolk side take on Hadley FC, of the Spartan South Midlands League, and while new to the Seasiders, Hadley are a familiar proposition to Thurlow Nunn League clubs.
The Hertfordshire side lost after a replay against Ipswich Wanderers in the same competition last season, and bowed out of the FA Cup this campaign at the Extra Preliminary Round stage, losing 2-1 at home to Saffron Walden Town.
Since that defeat, Hadley, who share the ground facilities of Southern League Potters Bar Town, have gone on a winning run that has carried them to the top of the table with a 12-point return from their last four matches, scoring 15 goals and conceding just one.
Felixstowe & Walton United manager Kevin O’Donnell looks likely to be without Sheridan Driver this weekend, who picked up an injury in midweek, but otherwise should have a full squad to select from as the club hope for an extended run in a competition that has brought little luck in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
The last two seasons have seen them make their exit at the initial stage and this looks likely to be another tough test for the Seasiders, but sitting in second position in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with a 100% record to date should give O’Donnell’s side confidence against their SSML opponents.
Miles Powell, Danny Smy, and Rhys Barber scored the goals in last week’s 3-2 triumph over Brantham Athletic, and the trio will be key to the Seasiders’ fortunes tomorrow.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
Indeed, free-scoring Powell, has shone on his return to the seaside this summer, scoring six goals in as many games, including a brace against Hadleigh.