Season ticket sales hit 10,000 mark
IPSWICH Town season ticket sales have smashed through the 10,000 mark and are still rising.Although the Early Bird discount scheme officially ended on Friday, the Blues accepted applications sent over the weekend and they were today still expected to trickle in.
By Derek Davis
IPSWICH Town season ticket sales have smashed through the 10,000 mark and are still rising.
Although the Early Bird discount scheme officially ended on Friday, the Blues accepted applications sent over the weekend and they were today still expected to trickle in.
Exciting performances by Jim Magilton's side over Barnsley and Derby County helped persuade Town fans to renew for next season with sales more than doubling over the past 10 days.
You may also want to watch:
The big rise, with waverers joining those who were always going to leave it late, will be a huge boost for Magilton and his player budget for the new season.
It is understood less than 4,000 season ticket applications had been received at Portman Road a fortnight ago, but they are now above 10,000.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Although the club accept they will not reach the 15,800 sold for this current season they will be hoping they can crack the 13,000 barrier.
Ticket office staff will today open more applications posted in and the club expect to be able to give an accurate figure within the next 36 hours.
Alex Bruce will find out tomorrow if he will be joining Magilton on the sidelines for the Leeds United game with his charge, along with Stephen Bywater, of improper conduct following their sendings-off, which were rescinded, due to be heard by the FA.