Second Colchester United loan stint for Elliot Lee
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United’s new loan signing, Elliot Lee, will go straight into the squad for tomorrow’s home match against fellow strugglers Fleetwood Town.
Attacker Lee was this afternoon signed on loan from West Ham, until the end of the season.
Lee is no stranger to U’s fans, because the 21-year-old front-man had a loan stay at the Community Stadium during Joe Dunne’s era.
Since his earlier loan move to Colchester, Lee has had further loan experience at Luton and Blackpool.
Manager Kevin Keen said: “I’ve brought Elliot (Lee) in to strengthen our attacking options.
“He knows the club from his time here before and he is a hungry young player who has had a good upbringing.
“He wants to score goals for this club and he gives us another option up front.”
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
Lee netted one goal in four previous outings for the U’s, scoring at Rotherham with a last ditch equaliser in a 2-2 draw, in November, 2013.
This season, he has made four appearance for West Ham in the Europa League, and a further four appearances on loan at Blackpool.