Second Colchester United loan stint for Elliot Lee
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United’s new loan signing, Elliot Lee, will go straight into the squad for tomorrow’s home match against fellow strugglers Fleetwood Town.
Attacker Lee was this afternoon signed on loan from West Ham, until the end of the season.
Lee is no stranger to U’s fans, because the 21-year-old front-man had a loan stay at the Community Stadium during Joe Dunne’s era.
Since his earlier loan move to Colchester, Lee has had further loan experience at Luton and Blackpool.
Manager Kevin Keen said: “I’ve brought Elliot (Lee) in to strengthen our attacking options.
You may also want to watch:
“He knows the club from his time here before and he is a hungry young player who has had a good upbringing.
“He wants to score goals for this club and he gives us another option up front.”
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
Lee netted one goal in four previous outings for the U’s, scoring at Rotherham with a last ditch equaliser in a 2-2 draw, in November, 2013.
This season, he has made four appearance for West Ham in the Europa League, and a further four appearances on loan at Blackpool.