‘Intelligence, a classy touch and a chip off the old block’ - Secret Scout on Town youngster Dozzell
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Daily Mail’s Secret Scout has run the rule over Ipswich Town teenager Andre Dozzell.
The Secret Scout is a highly respected figure in the world of football, with vast experience working in a number of roles in the Premier League, who watches games in a ‘bid to uncover the next star’.
He watched Dozzell in a recent game and has given his assessment of the Ipswich teenager, while valuing the 19-year-old at £2million.
“Watching him play in a holding role in a recent academy game, he showed good signs that he is returning both to fitness and form and could offer valuable assistance to the Suffolk club’s beleaguered team,” the Secret Scout noted. “He is tall and athletic.
“In his role in this game, he realised that sometimes you have to stand still rather than be dragged into a false forward position. His job was to make sure his centre backs were not exposed. Dozzell showed intelligence in his play and I feel that he has learned from his father and is a chip off the old block. Not wasting a pass, always playing economically in possession but, occasionally when the situation merited it, producing a beautifully executed long penetrating ball.
You may also want to watch:
“Twice he delivered a goalscoring opportunity for a colleague. It was a warm day and there was little atmosphere, but in my view he outshone the opposition’s much-heralded player who was playing in the same role. He did not have to make many challenges but on a couple of occasions his timing was OK and I did not doubt his determination or bravery.”
Areas for improvement
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
“Occasionally I would like to see him be more urgent. Here he did not have to break from deep or show a change of pace and at times he could look to be a bit of a stroller.
“However, this was academy football and on this occasion there was none of the frenetic nature of a Championship game. Good players make time for themselves and Dozzell certainly can do that.”
Read the Secret Scout’s full report on Dozzell here.