See all of Tom Lawrence’s stunning Ipswich Town goals in our timeline of his loan in the EFL Championship
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Tom Lawrence – to use modern football parlance – is on fire. Ipswich Town’s greatest-ever loanee? Surely that is now beyond doubt.
Here are the Leicester City forward’s vital statistics, in the Championship, for 2016/17 - 1993 minutes, 630 passes, 50 key passes, 48 shots, 47 completed dribbles, eight goals and four assists.
Add in his two goals in the FA Cup against Lincoln and he has 10 in all competitions. That’s already as many as Daryl Murphy netted for the Blues in the whole of last season.
Those figures only tell part of the tale though. The vast majority of his goals have been spectacular. His all-round displays – full of direct-running, skill, strength and feistiness – back up manager Mick McCarthy’s claim that he is destined to play in the top-flight next season.
And to think, some Blues fans were underwhelmed when his season-long switch from the Premier League champions was announced a day before the summer transfer window shut last August.
You may also want to watch:
Here we look at the timeline of the 23-year-old Welsh international’s sensational season so far.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth