See what was said in today’s Ipswich Town webchat ahead of Norwich City clash
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Improving Ipswich Town were more than a match for play-off chasing Leeds United at the weekend and, but for the crossbar and goalkeeper Rob Green, could have easily have taken all three points.
That encouraging display sets Mick McCarthy’s men up nicely for the game of the season so far, the East Anglian derby clash with Norwich City at Carrow Road, on Sunday.
Take a look at our video review of today’s Ipswich Town webchat above, and read everything the fans discussed with our football writer Chris Brammer in the full transcript below.
The East Anglian sides drew 1-1 at Portman Road in August, Jonas Knudsen cancelling out Cameron Jerome’s opener and, since then, the teams have had mixed campaigns.
Arguably the lowest point in Town’s season was the FA Cup defeat at non-league Lincoln City, but since then things have picked up.
As for Norwich, Alex Neil’s side would expect to be higher than seventh place, having been relegated from the Premier League last season, the Canaries, seven points off the play-off places.
So, who will feel the heat in the derby cauldron?
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 5 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 6 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 8 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 9 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
Town, stuck in mid-table, have little more than pride to play for this season, while Norwich will still be confident of securing a spot in the top-six.