Seven loss streak bites Town
Rymans League NorthWingate and Finchley 1Bury Town 0Bury slumped to a seventh successive defeat at a blustery Abrahams Stadium.After an uneventful opening 35 minutes, the game sprung into life as first Bury's Parker headed narrowly over the hosts' bar and then Smith shot over when well placed.
Rymans League North
Wingate and Finchley 1
Bury Town 0
Bury slumped to a seventh successive defeat at a blustery Abrahams Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
After an uneventful opening 35 minutes, the game sprung into life as first Bury's Parker headed narrowly over the hosts' bar and then Smith shot over when well placed.
The Wingate and Finchley goal had further escapes as both Tatham and Paynter hit the same post with the keeper well beaten.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
Bury were to rue these misses as Wingate and Finchley broke away and, with the Bury defence appealing for offside, Williams got clear on the right and crossed for Craig Ellis to score.
Both sides had chances early in the second half and both keepers made good saves.
Bury staged a late onslaught in the final 10 minutes and, but for some great goalkeeping by Ed Thompson, could have at least come home with a point.
Thompson first denied Bugg with a good block from point-blank range and after further sustained Bury pressure, made a world-class save to deny Parker.