Matchday Live: O’Connell makes it two as Blades outclass Ipswich
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town are in action against promotion-chasing Sheffield United this evening (kick-off 5.15pm).
While the Blues’ relegation to League One has already been confirmed, victory for Sheffield United tonight will put them on the brink of promotion to the Premier League.
“We know we’re playing for pride ourselves and we’re not looking at Sheffield United’s promotion party or Leeds United’s promotion party, it’s nothing to do with that, we’re looking at ourselves and taking the game for what it is,” Ipswich assistant Stuart Taylor said.
On the prospect of changes, Taylor said: “We don’t believe anything should be done short-term, so we’re looking at the bigger picture at all times and what’s best for the football club and if that means looking at the next season then there’s no problem with that in terms of how players are going to play and where they’re going to play and giving them tests along the way.
“It’s the only way you know how they’re going to do. So they need to be tested and set that challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow the action live with us here.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Motorcyclist in life-threatening condition after crash with parked cars