Shefford and Sandy Vets 3 Ipswich Vets 0
East Veterans League Shefford and Sandy 3 Ipswich 0 Ipswich made the long trip to Sandy in cold and wet conditions in the safe knowledge that they had already secured the league title and the performance perhaps reflected this fact.
East Veterans League
Shefford and Sandy 3 Ipswich 0
Ipswich made the long trip to Sandy in cold and wet conditions in the safe knowledge that they had already secured the league title and the performance perhaps reflected this fact.
Shefford took the lead when Ringrose was adjudged to have made an illegal tackle when he was too slow to get near the player and the resultant penalty corner was converted. Weak defending resulted in another goal conceded before half time.
You may also want to watch:
A rallying call from captain Steward at half time seemed to have little effect as Ipswich struggled to put the home defence under pressure. The best chances came from penalty corners but Tew's powerful efforts were saved or flew wide.
Shefford eventually scored again to put the game beyond doubt and in the dying seconds Glading nearly scored a consolation as his shot after a corner was deflected wide.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
Next week Ipswich entertain Cambridge City, a team they could only draw with earlier in the season.