Shildon next up for Brantham after beating Whitley Bay in the FA Vase
- Credit: Contributed
BRANTHAM Athletic will face Shildon at home in the last 16 of the FA Vase on Saturday, February 9.
The Suffolk side’s reward for their 1-0 extra-time victory over four-time winners Whitley Bay on Saturday is a home tie against another side who also play in the Ebac Northern League Division One.
Shildon won 2-0 at Bitton, who are based near Bristol and play in the Toolstation Western League Premier Division.
Brantham goalkeeper Ryan Bedingfield turned in a man-of-the-match display and Dave Grimwood netted the all-important 104th minute winner for Tony Hall’s side in front of a crowd of 422 spectators at Brantham Leisure Centre.
It is only the second time in the club’s history that they have reached the last 16 of the competition. The first was in the 1982/83 season when Brantham lost 2-1 to VS Rugby.
You may also want to watch:
For full report and reaction see Monday’s EADT and Ipswich Star.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move