Shock switch for Hammers star
RAFA Benitez will try to solve his Liverpool striker crisis with a �12m move for Carlton Cole. (Daily Star)West Ham may be forced to sell their leading target man in the January transfer window due to a cash crisis at Upton Park.
RAFA Benitez will try to solve his Liverpool striker crisis with a �12m move for Carlton Cole. (Daily Star)
West Ham may be forced to sell their leading target man in the January transfer window due to a cash crisis at Upton Park.
So Benitez is looking to take advantage with a move for the 26-year-old.
Cole has seen his profile soar after forcing his way into Fabio Capello's England squad. Kop boss Benitez is desperate
You may also want to watch:
to turn his club's season around. Liverpool have won only one of their last nine games in all competitions as their season has disintegrated.
They are currently 11 points behind leaders Chelsea after their draw with Birmingham, and face an early exit from
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 8 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
the Champions League.
Fernando Torres is out for another three weeks at least with his groin problem. Liverpool have struggled without their
main striker as David Ngog and Ryan Babel have proved disappointing back-up. Forced Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola will do everything he can to stop the move. But he might be forced to let Cole go as the club's Icelandic owners aim to raise funds in January.
Liverpool are not exactly flush themselves as owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks plan to raise extra investment to help service loans.
They could raise some cash through the sale of Javier Mascherano. The Argentine midfielder is believed to have agreed terms with Spanish and European champions Barcelona, but Liverpool would want a massive �36m.