Siblins selected to compete for GB
SIBLINGS Mark and Louise Pennell, from Alresford in Essex have both been selected to compete for Great Britain.The duo will compete in the double mini trampolining (DMT) team at the trampolining, tumbling and double mini trampolining international against Canada to be held at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield on Saturday.
SIBLINGS Mark and Louise Pennell, from Alresford in Essex have both been selected to compete for Great Britain.
The duo will compete in the double mini trampolining (DMT) team at the trampolining, tumbling and double mini trampolining international against Canada to be held at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield on Saturday.
It is the first time 18-year-old Louise, who is only in her second season in the sport, has been selected but 14-year-old Mark has been a regular member of the GB team for two years.
Mark, who was ranked No. 1 junior male for DMT in Great Britain last year, has had a difficult start to this year, after dislocating and breaking his right knee in the first competition of the season at Enfield in February.
You may also want to watch:
He was referred by British Gymnastics to their team doctor in Coventry, who in turn referred Mark to an excellent knee specialist for surgery. Thanks to his expertise and a special rehabilitation programme developed and supervised by fitness instructor Dave Allworthy, Mark has been able to return to full training much sooner than originally anticipated.
Mark, who is coached by Robin Atkins and Nick Earle, has used a treadmill provided by local firm Sportsafe UK to help his rehabilitation.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 7 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
His injury meant that he missed the entire trampolining and DMT domestic season, including selection trials for the World Age Group Championships, which are being held in Quebec City, Canada, in November.
However, the DMT selectors have kept faith with Mark and awarded him a 'wildcard' selection for the championships, as well as naming him in the squad to face Canada.