SIL Round-up: Cops edge Grundisburgh; Achilles edge 10-goal thriller; plus more
Coplestonians edged a tight game at home to Grundisburgh, 1-0, in the SIL Senior Division on Saturday.
Grundisburgh’s Tim Griggs had the first chance of the game but his shot went wide.
Sanchez Hamilton responded for Cops but after an exchange of passes with Kirk Ferniz, he also shot wide.
Cops finished the half strongly and Grant Gibson cleared a James Sadler header off the line.
Callum Deacon then made a good save from Brandon King before Will Davies fired a shot across goal and just past the far post.
You may also want to watch:
Davies broke the deadlock and scored the winner on 67 minutes, before the visitors were denied an equaliser when Sadler cleared a Gibson header off the line.
Cops should have sealed the game after good work by Hamilton, but Deacon saved from King and Hamilton was unable to finish the rebound.
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 7 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
Bramford United escaped from champions Henley with a point after a 2-2 draw.
Danny George gave Henley the lead on 16 minutes, but Bramford equalised six minutes later through Chris Cowans, who scored from 25 yards.
The game’s big talking-point came on 35 minutes, when Henley’s Josh Carracio was clean through but was scythed down by goalkeeper Butterworth who only earned a yellow card.
Two minutes from the break Sheppard smashed a header off the Bramford crossbar.
Bramford took the lead when Cowans headed home midway through the half, but Henley were level within minutes when Field scored on his debut from 25 yards.
Achilles won a 10-goal thriller at Westerfield, 6-4.
Ed Ellis and Craig Stuart put the hosts 2-0 up after 34 minutes, but Danny Garrard scored either side of the break to even things up.
Adam Horn and Ian Gosling then restored the lead for Westerfield, either side of a Liam Hillyard strike, but a late hat-trick from Josh Merritt sealed the points for the visitors.
Benhall St Mary beat Crane Sports 3-1, Felixstowe Harpers and AFC Hoxne drew 1-1, Haughley humbled Ransomes Sports 9-1, East Bergholt won 2-1 at Leiston St Margarets and hosts Wenhaston overcame Capel Plough.