SIL side through to last 16
THE Kingsley Healthcare SIL are through to the last 16 of the FA Inter-League Cup after a 3-0 first round victory over the Reading League.
Following their victory over the Bedfordshire League in a preliminary round, the SIL defeated the Reading League 3-0 at Hadleigh United’s Millfield ground on Saturday.
The early play was with the home side and on 10 minutes Craig Jennings (Ipswich Athletic) finished well to open the scoring after good work from Alexander (Grundisburgh).
Jennings then went close when Childs (Grundisburgh) played him in, before the visitors then had a good spell. Two free kicks from Etienne were cleared before Lynden headed goalwards and Danny Crump (Grundisburgh) palmed the ball for a corner. The home keeper was the busier at this stage, Adams shooting over before Crow (Ransomes) shot narrowly over the bar at the other end.
The second half was more open, Danny Crump came out to stop Etienne from scoring before Crow’s shot was turned for a corner. Andy Crump (Grundisburgh) then played a glorious long ball for Morgan (Felixstowe) to run on to but the visitors’ keeper saved well. The visitors were unable to create a clear chance and as they pushed forward in search of an equaliser Jennings gathered the ball and was fouled in the area, Andy Crump dispatched the resultant penalty on 85 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Crump then surged forward and shot against the post and the keeper made a good save from Moore’s (Grundisburgh) shot.
On 90 minutes Travis Smith scored a third to take the SIL into the last 16 of this competition and an away trip against opponents yet to be decided.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash