Six-appeal for super Bury
Pre Season Friendly Ely City 1 Bury Town 6BURY Town notched up their fourth successive win in their pre season build up with a comprehensive victory at Ely on Tuesday evening.
Pre Season Friendly
Ely City 1 Bury Town 6
BURY Town notched up their fourth successive win in their pre season build up with a comprehensive victory at Ely on Tuesday evening.
Bury introduced trialist Ross Kelly into their midfield, and he looked a good prospect as Bury dominated most of the game.
They took the lead after only seven minutes when Craig Nurse stabbed home from close range following a cross from the left.
Possession was then evenly shared, but Bury posed the greater threat infront of goal.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
It was the hosts however who scored when following a cross from the right which keeper Marcus Garnham failed to deal with under severe pressure, Lee Wooldridge fired home.
It only took a minute for Bury to restore their advantage. Sam Reed was pulled bacl by keeper Lee Pacey in the box and got up to fire home the penalty. Two minutes later Bury scored a bizarre third goal when Pacey`s attempted clearance rebounded off Nurse and rolled into the unguarded net.
The remainder of the half was played out with Bury generally controlling the game
Bury continued to have more of the play at the start of the second half, and further increased the lead when Sam Reed finished off a fine sweeping move after 55 minutes.
Lee Smith then had a penalty very well saved by Pacey in the next minute.
Five minutes later Roscoe Hipperson got the fifth with a firm header from Ben Coker`s corner.
Th scoring was finally wrapped up on 76 minutes when Craig Nurse completed his hat trick when he ran on to a through ball and beat Pacey
1 Marcus Garnham (17 Frank Gannon 67)
2 Russell Short
3 Ashley Sloots
4 Tom Bullard
5 Sam Nunn (14 Roscoe Hipperson 46)
6 Ross Kelly
7 Lee Smith
8 Callum Kearns (12 Mchael Steward 62)
9 Sam Reed
10 Craig Nurse
11 Ben Coker (15 Scott Chaplin 62)