Skipper prepares for Fozzy’s Big Bash
FOZZY’S Big Bash – James Foster’s benefit match – takes place at the Ford County Ground on Saturday, June 18.
The Essex 1st XI will line-up against an All Star XI in a Twenty20 match, starting at 7.15pm, under the lights at Chelmsford.
Foster said: “I’m really looking forward to this match which is for my benefit but I’m also supporting two good charities. One is the PCA Benevolent Fund which is for professional cricketers who have fallen on tough times and the second is Haven House Children’s Hospital which is based in Woodford Green,” he said.
It is likely to be the last time that Muttiah Muralitharan the world’s leading wicket-taker in Test and one-day internationals and arguably greatest bowler of all time, plays at Chelmsford.
Foster continued: “There’s a decent line-up for the All Stars with people like Muttiah Muralitharan in their side. I was chatting to him the other day and he’s really excited about the prospect of playing which is unbelievable really.
You may also want to watch:
“Statistically, he’s the best bowler ever to play the game and the fact that he’s prepared to come and play in my benefit match is a huge honour.
“We’ve also got Paul Grayson and Chris Silverwood playing for the All Stars so there could be a little bit of banter there. I’ve no doubt Chris will try and hit us on the head and I’ve no doubt we’ll be trying to get PG ducking and diving around a bit when he’s batting.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
“I expect the Essex side will be our typical t20 side and the opposition is a mixture of current players, like Alviro Petersen, Luke Wright, Murray Goodwin and Muttiah plus retired players such as Darren Gough, Ian Harvey, Phil DeFreitas and John Emburey so it should be a good fun night.”
Tickets are priced at �14 for adults and �7 for children, with corporate hospitality packages available at �79 plus VAT per person. There is 25% off when booking up to 10 people.
Visit www.jamesfosterbenefit.com for more information.