Skipper says Suffolk deserve final spot
SUFFOLK skipper Phil Caley says that his side deserves to get to Lord's in the final of the Minor Counties Knock-Out Trophy.“We have not been beaten in two years of one-day cricket,” said Caley after the 22-run victory over Bedfordshire at Flitwick yesterday confirmed his side topped group two to reach the semi-final.
By Elvin King
SUFFOLK skipper Phil Caley says that his side deserves to get to Lord's in the final of the Minor Counties Knock-Out Trophy.
“We have not been beaten in two years of one-day cricket,” said Caley after the 22-run victory over Bedfordshire at Flitwick yesterday confirmed his side topped group two to reach the semi-final.
“What we need is one more good performance - and I am sure we are up for that. We deserve to reach the final, but we know we must bat better than we did in on two previous semi-finals when that part of our game let us down.
You may also want to watch:
“We had to get stuck in against Beds as it was not easy to score. You had to wait for the bad ball. Tom Huggins adapted well to the damp conditions and although he did not make one of the big scores he is capable of in the circumstances his half-century was just as important.
“We had a go with pace early on but realised it was a wicket to take speed off the ball, and out two spinners did well - with Ben France also showing the discipline we needed with the ball.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
“Our success in the one-dayers gives us confidence for the Minor Counties Championship season that starts for us at Cumberland on Sunday.”