Skipper Steve hails Swiderski
IPSWICH skipper Steve Johnston paid tribute to Piotr Swiderski, as the elated Witches won on the road for the second time in three days.Johnston, who had to withdraw from the meeting because of a knock he took in heat 10, watched on as the Witches' main Pole came up with a match-winning heat 14 ride.
IPSWICH skipper Steve Johnston paid tribute to Piotr Swiderski, as the elated Witches won on the road for the second time in three days.
Johnston, who had to withdraw from the meeting because of a knock he took in heat 10, watched on as the Witches' main Pole came up with a match-winning heat 14 ride.
“I was going to take my last ride, but I started seeing stars and it was best I pulled out,” Johnston said.
You may also want to watch:
“I told Piotr to go out and win the thing and he did just that. What a hero.” Witches team manager Pete Simmons said: “We were running out of bikes at the start of the meeting with Chris Schramm having all sorts of problems. But we have come good. That's five straight wins, it would be nice to go to Poole and make it six.”
Wolves boss Peter Adams said: “I said when we were eight up it wasn't all over. Credit to Ipswich, they have the luxury of a top rider at reserve.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 8 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
“Most of the decisions tonight went against us, but we are carrying too many passengers.”