Skuse boost as midfielder returns to training after injury
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town have been handed a midfield boost with the news Cole Skuse has returned to training following a shin injury.
The ever-reliable central midfielder was taken off in the first half of the Blues’ victory over Preston prior to the international break, with what turned out to be a badly bruised shin.
He missed training last week with the problem, but is now back working with his team-mates and is set to be available for the weekend’s trip to Hull.
“Skusey suffered a badly bruised shin and didn’t train last week but he is back out there now and should be in contention for the weekend,” Town physio Matt Byard told the Club website.
Skuse’s return is a boost for manager Mick McCarthy in a season where his midfield options have been limited due to injury, although he is expected to be able to welcome Emyr Huws back into the fold following his Achilles problem.
You may also want to watch:
The Welshman has not featured for the Blues since making his loan move from Cardiff permanent in the summer, but has now played three games for the club’s Under 23s as he battles back to fitness.
Teddy Bishop also played, and scored, for the Blues’ young side when they faced Millwall recently, but Luke Hyam and Andre Dozzell are still out.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 8 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon