Skuse boost as midfielder returns to training after injury
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town have been handed a midfield boost with the news Cole Skuse has returned to training following a shin injury.
The ever-reliable central midfielder was taken off in the first half of the Blues’ victory over Preston prior to the international break, with what turned out to be a badly bruised shin.
He missed training last week with the problem, but is now back working with his team-mates and is set to be available for the weekend’s trip to Hull.
“Skusey suffered a badly bruised shin and didn’t train last week but he is back out there now and should be in contention for the weekend,” Town physio Matt Byard told the Club website.
Skuse’s return is a boost for manager Mick McCarthy in a season where his midfield options have been limited due to injury, although he is expected to be able to welcome Emyr Huws back into the fold following his Achilles problem.
The Welshman has not featured for the Blues since making his loan move from Cardiff permanent in the summer, but has now played three games for the club’s Under 23s as he battles back to fitness.
Teddy Bishop also played, and scored, for the Blues’ young side when they faced Millwall recently, but Luke Hyam and Andre Dozzell are still out.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 6 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 9 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 10 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast