Thurlow Nunn round up: Danny Smith nets 100th goal for Framlingham as they see off Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
A dogged performance from Framlingham Town saw the Castlemen keep another clean sheet, Danny Smith score his 100th senior goal and young Portuguese Sini Rodrigues net his first for the club in a fine 3-0 win over Swaffham in Thurlow Nunn One.
Portuguese Sini Rodrigues net his first for the club in a fine 3-0 win over Swaffham in Thurlow Nunn One.
As Fram got a foothold in the game a free kick from Johnson was met by Smith on the edge of the area to divert the ball past keeper Pishorn to open the scoring on 25 minutes.
As the visitors became frustrated the home side increased their lead on 37 minutes when Smith stroked home from inside the 18 yard box to register his 100th senior goal for the club.
Sini Rodrigues missed the opportunity to increase the lead before half-time however he made up for it on 50 minutes when he clipped the ball over the keeper from the edge of the area to secure all three points.
In the Premier,Long Melford came out with a supercharged team performance to overcome title chasers Histon 2-1.
Scott Sloots fired The Villagers ahead over 39 minutes, before Hassan Ally doubled the lead after 57 minutes.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 8 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 9 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 10 Barrow replay on ITV... winners will travel to Barnsley
After 67 minutes Histon found the net when following a long throw the ball came loose to Joe Sutton, with the Melford defence retreating he fired the ball into the net from ten yards, but that was as close as they got.
Elssewhere, indiscipline cost Haverhill Borough an opportunity to gather much needed points in a 3-2 defeat against Stanway Rovers.
With an hour gone and Borough holding their own, left back Lee Hurkett felled Jordan Blackwell in the penalty area, leading not only to his dismissal, but giving former Haverhill Rovers striker Jordan Palmer the opportunity to double his tally for the evening – one he duly took.
Palmer headed Stanway in front after three minutes, before Borough equalised in the 42nd minute when Weaver netted.
Borough continued to press early in the second half, but Blackwell added a third soon after Palmer’s converted penalty to give Stanway two goal lead with 20 minutes left to play.
Skipper Jarid Robson reduced the arrears with a stunning strike from the edge of the penalty area with six minutes left in the game, but it was too little, too late.