Danny Smith hits 15-minute hat-trick as Framlingham edge closer to promotion
- Credit: Archant
Thurlow One Debenham LS 0 Framlingham Town 5 A Danny Smith hat-trick in the final 15 minutes put the icing on the cake for the Castlemen, who were dominant for large periods of the game and edged closer to promotion with three well deserved points, writes Iain Smith.
The early exchanges belonged to the home side as Jennings and Howell brought keeper Chilvers into play with shots.
With the ball difficult to control on a hard pitch Fram had a couple of chances on 7 and 12 minutes when a Ling free kick was headed wide by Kerridge before Johnson scooped his shot over from close range.
Play was end-to-end with several free kicks before Smith twice brought saves from keeper Fenner in the home goal.
The referee brought play to a halt on 20 minutes for a drinks break and at the restart Fram had a shout for a penalty as Kerridge was sent tumbling.
You may also want to watch:
Debenham had a chance to open the scoring on 36 minutes, Jennings laid the ball to Severy, who shot across goal and wide of the post. Codrington then diverted a free kick over the bar and from the resultant corner Kerridge powered a low shot in for the opening goal for Fram on 41 minutes.
Just 46 seconds into the second half Fram doubled their lead when Smith raced down the right and his deep cross was met by brother Charlie to slot past the keeper.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
- 10 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
The pace of the Fram breaks were causing concern for the home defence as Alex Ling saw his volley parried before Kerridge had two shots that went over the bar.
Debenham then had a good spell of play with substitute Call having an influence and Mayhew conceded a corner from a Howell shot on 69 minutes. However in the last 15 minutes Fram’s top scorer Smith helped himself to a hat-trick.
The first came on 75 minutes when he was fouled in the area and slotted the penalty in, the second ten minutes later when he battled his way past three defenders before slotting past Fenner and on 91 minutes he finished with his 36th goal of the season.