So who now for England?
So who now for the England job?The FA have said they won't rush into things, so let's take a look who they could be looking at.
SO WHO now for the England job.
The FA have said they won't rush into things, so let's take a look who they could be looking at:
Remains the top British manager and has made steady progress with a developing Aston Villa side. The obvious choice, though much would depend on his interest in the role.
Still without a job after his recent departure from Chelsea, Mourinho can afford to be picky. Pricey, but could be worth it.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
An extended deal at Arsenal and a record for shunning Englishmen reduce the likelihood of him becoming the new England boss. Probably not a fans' favourite.
The man who should have got the job when Sven-Goran Eriksson departed. He could be open to the idea of coaching one of the world's 'bigger' countries but has agreed a new contract in Russia.
LUIZ FELIPE SCOLARI
The other top-class manager who slipped through the net in 2006. The Portugal boss was set to take the job until a late change of heart.
Redknapp has consistently coaxed the best out of players throughout his career. His man-management and tactical awareness are right up with the best. But even he might struggle with the current England lot!
The Newcastle boss was high on many short-lists last time, but it seems his much-criticised style of football may have cost him. Could feature if Newcastle don't improve!