So who now for England?
So who now for the England job?The FA have said they won't rush into things, so let's take a look who they could be looking at.
SO WHO now for the England job.
The FA have said they won't rush into things, so let's take a look who they could be looking at:
Remains the top British manager and has made steady progress with a developing Aston Villa side. The obvious choice, though much would depend on his interest in the role.
You may also want to watch:
Still without a job after his recent departure from Chelsea, Mourinho can afford to be picky. Pricey, but could be worth it.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
An extended deal at Arsenal and a record for shunning Englishmen reduce the likelihood of him becoming the new England boss. Probably not a fans' favourite.
The man who should have got the job when Sven-Goran Eriksson departed. He could be open to the idea of coaching one of the world's 'bigger' countries but has agreed a new contract in Russia.
LUIZ FELIPE SCOLARI
The other top-class manager who slipped through the net in 2006. The Portugal boss was set to take the job until a late change of heart.
Redknapp has consistently coaxed the best out of players throughout his career. His man-management and tactical awareness are right up with the best. But even he might struggle with the current England lot!
The Newcastle boss was high on many short-lists last time, but it seems his much-criticised style of football may have cost him. Could feature if Newcastle don't improve!