Solid Witches see off Redcar as they shoot to the top of the table. Next up for Louis’ side . . . Newcastle on Sunday
- Credit: Picture: Stephen Waller
Redcar Bears 40 Ipswich Witches 50
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches are top of the Premier League after beating the Redcar Bears for the second time in two days. With a final scoreline of 50-40 the Witches secured four important Premier league points.
Top witch was Rohan Tungate on 11+1 with the rest of the team all playing their part in this impressive win. Aaron Summers was top scorer for Redcar on 11 points.
The home side scored a 4-2 in heat one but that was to be their only heat advantage for quite some time. Ipswich scored a 5-1 in heat two and a 4-2 in heats three & four to take a six point lead. Four shared heats followed and then the Witches pulled further ahead with another 4-2 in heat nine.
The home team did recover two points in heat ten and then in heat thirteen they got right back into the meeting by scoring a 5-1 reducing the points gap to just two. However Ipswich were not to be denied the win and they finished the job off by scoring two consecutive 5-1s in the last two heats.
You may also want to watch:
Redcar ‘Ecco Finishing’ Bears 40
Aaron Summers 11, Carl Wilkinson 10, Hugh Skidmore 9, Richard Lawson 7+1, Jan Graversen 3+1, Rafal Konopka 0, Luke Crang 0
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 CCTV released following series of burglaries
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches 50
Rohan Tungate 11+1, Ritchie Worrall 8, Cameron Heeps 8, Ritchie Hawkins 7+2, Adam Ellis 6+2, Morten Risager 6+1, Gino Manzares 4+2
Ipswich will now head for Brough Park on Sunday full of confidence to take on the Newcastle Diamonds.
After being held to a draw by them on Bank Holiday Monday recently the Witches will be aiming to bring maximum league points back from this encounter as well.
The Witches will field their usual 1-7 but Newcastle are missing both Lewis Rose and Chris Schramm through injury. Chris Mills has been booked to cover for Schramm and R/R will be used to cover for Rose.
Expected team lineups (not in riding order)
Newcastle ‘Sapphire Engineering’ Diamonds
Chris Mills(G), Dan Greenwood 3.00, Danny King 11.18, Lewis Kerr 6.26, Ludvig Lindgren 7.37, Stuart Robson © 7.58, Team manager: George English
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches
Adam Ellis 4.51, Cameron Heeps 6.39, Gino Manzares 5.00, Morten Risager 6.64, Richie Worrall 8.43, Ritchie Hawkins © 4.57, Rohan Tungate 6.81, Team manager: Chris Louis