“Some of us just need a kick up the back-side” – Colchester United’s George Moncur
George Moncur admits that Colchester United will have to drastically improve their first-half displays, if they are to avoid relegation into League Two.
Midfielder Moncur was conscious of the U’s below-par first 45 minutes, during Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at fellow strugglers Coventry City.
“It’s devastating. As we said at half-time, in that first-half we weren’t good enough, me included in that,” rued Moncur.
“We do come out in the second half strong, as has been proved this season, and we could have got something out of the game.
“It’s something we need to get right, because we’ve only got five games left, and I think we need to win three of them to have a chance.
You may also want to watch:
“Otherwise, we will be depending on other teams’ results, and we don’t want to be doing that. We want to sort it out before it’s too late.
“I think some of us just need a kick up the back-side, definitely myself included.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
“Some of us need that extra push from the manager,” added Moncur.”
The U’s have a tough away test at promotion-chasing Chesterfield tomorrow evening.