‘Some players are capable of a lot more’ - Joe Dunne
COLCHESTER United boss, Joe Dunne, admitted that some of his players were “capable of a lot more,” in the wake of yesterday’s latest defeat to Brentford.
The U’s were beaten 3-1 at home by the Bees, their sixth defeat on the bounce and their ninth defeat from their last 10 games.
“There’s a mental block. There’s something stopping them,” insisted Dunne.
“Whether one or two of them are waiting for me to get the sack, that’s up to them. But there’s certainly a lot more potential at this club. Some of these players are capable of a lot more.
“I made changes when I first came in, and things went well. We made other changes, and results have gone against us.
You may also want to watch:
“All those players who are willing to give their all for the club will play and be involved, and all those that don’t want to, well, they can move in January.
“Anyone watching today would feel that 3-1 was an unfair reflection, that’s my opinion.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“But as the manager I am judged by results, and results are not great at the moment. I have to take that on the chin and see where we go from here.”
On a more positive front, Dunne hailed the display of full league debutant Drey Wright, who scored a cracking goal to give the U’s hope at 2-1.
Dunne said: “I thought Drey was outstanding. He scored a wonderful goal, and he is going to do that a lot.”