“Something needs to be done” – Colchester United keeper Sam Walker
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Sam Walker insists that Colchester United must get their away form in order, after suffering their fourth away defeat on the bounce at Cheltenham last weekend.
A miserable away record is holding back the U’s, and keeper Walker, who was man-of-the-match during the 3-1 defeat at Whaddon Road, which included a penalty save, has been left frustrated by these away-day blues.
After this Saturday’s home match against Wycombe, the U’s are on the road again twice next week at Grimsby (Tuesday) and Yeovil Town (Saturday week).
“It’s becoming incredibly frustrating, and it’s becoming all too familiar,” rued Walker.
“It’s not good enough to keep relying on our home form, while not doing enough on the road. Something needs to be done, certainly.
You may also want to watch:
“Four away games in and we’ve not got any points, that’s not good enough. We’ve got a lot of away games left, and we have to rectify it.
“It’s difficult to put it down to a specific reason,” added Walker.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal