Sorry Wanderers hit for eight

Ridgeons Premier DivisionNeedham Mkt 8 Ipswich Wds 1NEEDHAM Market took the lead through Craig Parker on four minutes. Tommy Smith broke a challenge for No.

Ridgeons Premier Division

Needham Mkt 8 Ipswich Wds 1

NEEDHAM Market took the lead through Craig Parker on four minutes. Tommy Smith broke a challenge for No. 2 and 90 seconds later Glen Snell converted the first of his two penalties. On the stroke of half-time Snell added a solo goal for a half time lead of 5-0.

Snell took his tally to four followed by Matt Buckle. Wanderers deservedly scored late in the game, Sam Taylor finishing off Driver's low cross but Nathan Szyszlyk completed the rout.

Mildenhall Town 3 Wisbech 1

MILDENHALL took just 10 minutes to take the lead, when Robinson crossed for Cranfield to head home at the far post. They went further ahead five minutes before the break when Robinson jinked past two defenders, and fired home from the edge of the box.

Most Read

Substitute Abbs put them further ahead on 70 minutes when he picked up a poor clearance. Wisbech got a consolation goal when Cook beat Nower and hooked it into the net, but he was injured and had to be stretchered off.

Haverhill 1 Soham Town R 3

Haverhill went down to their third consecutive home league defeat. Soham took the lead after six minutes via a 20-yard volley from Carter. A push on Salmons in the area by McNeil allowed Hunt to equalise from the spot but Libam outpaced the home defence and scored from the rebound after Benstead had saved his initial effort. The goal that sealed the victory for Soham came after 81 minutes, a low-cross by Libam finding Carter and his mishit shot went under Benstead into the net.

Leiston 0 Norwich United 1

LEISTON surrendered their unbeaten start to the season with a third-minute own goal from Donald George. The visitors were exceptionally hard in the first period whilst the home side struggled to find any cohesion. Atkins almost added the second but his well-hit shot struck the bar.

The second period saw the home side dominant but a resolute visiting defence kept them at bay.

Woodbridge 0 Kirkley & P 2

IT took Kirkley just 15 minutes to open the scoring when Garnham conceded a free kick and Jamie Stokold put it into the top corner. Within a minute Micael Tacon put Kirkley further ahead.

Woodbridge's O'Neil was brought down but Paul Berry's weak penalty was easily saved by Pauling.

Woodbridge had the ball in the net through Roper but offside was given.

Debenham LC 1 Thetford 1

Having relinquished their 100% record on Saturday, Debenham dropped another two points following this home draw with Thetford.

Gedny smashed home his first league goal of the season to give the home side the lead only for ex-Hornet Bryant to equalise just before the break. Thetford struggled to deal with set pieces in the second period and three times keeper Hulyer saved with his legs to deny Debenham and earn Thetford the point their play deserved.