Southwold under-11s provide guard of honour at Bath versus Toulon game
- Credit: Archant
Southwold Under-11s squad travelled to the West Country for their inaugural tour – a total of 61 players and family members enjoying a fabulous weekend that will live long in the memory.
On Saturday morning, Bath Rugby hosted the team for a coaching session and a question and answer session with two young players. The team were then treated to goody bags from the club and foraged for lunch before the main event.
The under-11s then formed the guard of honour for the huge European Cup clash between Bath and Toulon, both sides packed with international stars, then watched a competitive and tense match that the visitors won 19-14.
After the match the Southwold team managed to bag a prime autograph spot, and starry-eyed boys nabbed signatures from the likes of Bryan Habana, Mathieu Basteureaud, Quade Cooper, George Ford and Anthony Watson.
The under-11s also managed to come away with a Toulon player’s shirt and one of the match balls.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, Southwold travelled to Trowbridge Rugby Club, the squad being divided up into two teams and winning all their matches.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 9 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology