Speedway star Cameron Heeps’ injury – young Aussie will miss meetings
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches fans will be breathing a sigh of relief after it was discovered Aussie youngster Cameron Heeps has no broken bones after his crash at Foxhall last night.
Heeps thumped into the end of the second bend air fence as he chased Peterborough’s Paul Starke in heat 12 of the two club’s Championship clash – a meeting Ipswich won by 11 points.
Heeps was taken to hospital complaining of shoulder and upper arm injuries, but today he was released with no bones broken.
“The x-ray shows nothing is broken, but it is sore, I need to rest it,” Heeps said.
“I don’t know how long I will be out, could be a week, I’m not sure, I will take a look at it on Monday and see how it is going.”
You may also want to watch:
Heeps has been in fine form for the Witches this season and has certainly upped his game, offering a potent back-up to heat leaders Rory Schlein and Danny King.
“I’m pleased with my form this season and this is a bit of a blow, but thankfully because nothing is broken, it’s not too serious.”
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 5 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Matchday Live: Cook makes four changes as Town take on Pompey
- 8 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 9 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
The Witches are already currently without Justin Sedgmen, who is another with shoulder injuries.
Heeps, who also rides for Somerset Rebels in the Premiership, misses tonight’s clash between the Rebels and Rye House, as well as Somerset’s two away meetings at Leicester tomorrow and Swindon on Monday.
He must be a doubt for the Witches trip to Redcar next Thursday as well.