Spotlight on Sizewell parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In the latest of our Series on the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we take to the coast to highlight Saturday’s Sizewell parkrun
Sizewell parkrun attracted its third biggest field, since its introduction last summer, when 135 runners, joggers and walkers tackled the 31st event in fine weather conditions yesterday.
Scott MacSepheny, an experienced over-50 veteran runner from Ipswich JAFFA, was first home in 18mins 38secs.
It was MacSephney’s first appearance at the Sizewell event, although it was his 234th parkrun in total – 209 of these have been at the Ipswich event.
Runner-up Jonny Weavers was also a first-timer to Sizewell, clocking 20:32 at his 75th parkrun (47 of these have been completed on the promenade at Lowestoft).
Meanwhile, Leanne Fairweather set a personal best of 24:25 on her way to finishing first female, ahead of Tina Neill (25:07) and Jessica Taylor (25:18).
The inaugural event, on August 25, 2018, attracted a still-record attendance of 214. A total of 167 took part in Event No. 19 on December 29, but yesterday’s 135 was third on the list.
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 9 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 10 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed