Spotlight on Parkrun: Great Cornard Parkrun
This week’s spotlight on Parkruns, in Suffolk and Essex, falls on the Great Cornard Parkrun:
Next month, the Great Cornard Parkrun will be celebrating it’s 200th event since its inaugural meeting back on March 1, 2014.
Saturday hosted the 198th Parkrun, with a small but enthusiastic field of 77 runners tackling the normal five-kilometre route from Great Cornard Sports Centre.
Teenager Adam Crawford, a member of West Suffolk AC, was first home in 18mins 01secs over a fast, flat course mainly on grass around school playing fields.
Sudbury Joggers’ Piotr Bulcaz was second in (19:34), followed by Colchester Harriers’ Drew Olley (19:49), who is in the 15-17 year-old age group.
You may also want to watch:
Sudbury Joggers filled the leading two ladies’ places, with Lucy Cowlin (22:28) first and over-50 veteran Ruth Cowlin second (25:16). Youngster Hannah Johnson (11-14 year-old) was third in 25:51.
Those completing their first-ever Parkruns were Saul Underwood, Sarah Donnelly and Sharon Couttie.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic