Spotlight on the Felixstowe parkrun: another first place for Philippa Unthank
- Credit: Archant
In the latest in our Series on the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we focus on the seaside event at Felixstowe which attracts big fields
Philippa Unthank was the first female finisher for the 15th time at the weekly Felixstowe parkrun, held on the promenade on Saturday morning.
The Ipswich Harriers’ teenager (15-17 year-old age group) was third overall in a time of 18mins 27secs, a little adrift of her personal best of 18:00 for the five-kilometre event.
Gemma Sheppard was the second female finisher in 23:30, while Felixstowe Road Runnners’ teenager Ellie Mellor Hine was third with 23:49.
Benjamin Johnson led home a field of 278, at what was the 56th staging of this popular event, in 18:15. It was his first visit to Felixstowe, but his 56th parkrun.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Sheppard (Framlingham Flyers) was second in 18:19.
Field sizes fluctuate quite a lot at Felixstowe, often determined by the weather, since it was first established in April of last year. Only twice have numbers dipped under three figures, while a record 671 attended the New Year’s Day event.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash