Spotlight on the Ipswich parkrun in Christchurch Park
- Credit: Archant
In the latest in our Series of the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we put the spotlight on Saturday’s weekly Ipswich parkrun
The second biggest ever field assembled for Saturday’s Ipswich parkrun, held at Christchurch Park, with 468 runners, joggers and walkers completing the weekly 5K challenge.
That was only 10 adrift of the record, set the previous weekend when 478 took part, over two laps from near the Mansion House Café.
Saturday was the 333rd staging of the Ipswich parkrun, and it was a notable one for teenager Daisy Brooke, who set a personal best time for the event of 21mins 55secs. The Ipswich Jaffa runner was one of 74 to celebrate PBs.
This figure was of interest to Jonathan Jenkyn, who had chosen to mark his 250th parkrun by pledging £1 to the British Heart Foundation charity for every runner who set a personal best, a very generous gesture.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Harriers’ teenager Maddie Craig was second female in 23:11. The first man was an ‘unknown athlete’ (no barcode) but Felixstowe Road Runners’ Gary Taylor was second in 18:14.
- 1 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 2 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 3 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
- 10 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich