Spurs boss sorry for Bent jibe
TOTTENHAM manager Harry Redknapp says he regrets causing embarrassment to former Ipswich Town star Darren Bent when the striker missed an easy chance against Portsmouth earlier this season.
TOTTENHAM manager Harry Redknapp says he regrets causing embarrassment to former Ipswich Town star Darren Bent when the striker missed an easy chance against Portsmouth earlier this season,
The Spurs boss aid at the time that "my missus could have scored it" after the England man missed an open goal.
"I must admit myself I think I made a mistake after one game, I did cane them a bit,' he said. "I didn't get a response from that, and someone I respect told me that wasn't my style.
"I criticised a few of the players and it really doesn't work for me, it's not really the way I manage.
"I get more out of the players by telling them what they can do rather than what they can't do. That has always been my way. They responded (but) I felt that was a mistake on my part. I felt I rectified that and lifted them and we've gone on from there.'
Bent has scored 17 goals this.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo