Spurs boss sorry for Bent jibe
TOTTENHAM manager Harry Redknapp says he regrets causing embarrassment to former Ipswich Town star Darren Bent when the striker missed an easy chance against Portsmouth earlier this season.
TOTTENHAM manager Harry Redknapp says he regrets causing embarrassment to former Ipswich Town star Darren Bent when the striker missed an easy chance against Portsmouth earlier this season,
The Spurs boss aid at the time that "my missus could have scored it" after the England man missed an open goal.
"I must admit myself I think I made a mistake after one game, I did cane them a bit,' he said. "I didn't get a response from that, and someone I respect told me that wasn't my style.
"I criticised a few of the players and it really doesn't work for me, it's not really the way I manage.
You may also want to watch:
"I get more out of the players by telling them what they can do rather than what they can't do. That has always been my way. They responded (but) I felt that was a mistake on my part. I felt I rectified that and lifted them and we've gone on from there.'
Bent has scored 17 goals this.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases