Spurs prepare for U’s FA Cup clash with training camp in Barcelona
- Credit: PA
Tottenham have been gearing up for their FA Cup fourth round trip to Colchester United at a training camp in Barcelona.
While the U’s are based, as normal, at their Florence Park training headquarters, in Tiptree, their Premier League opponents have been enjoying some Spanish sunshine while being put through their paces, by manager Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff.
Having beaten Crystal Palace 3-1 last Saturday, to cement their position in the top four of the Premier League, Tottenham’s first-team squad then flew out to Spain to begin preparations for their first-ever competitive meeting with the U’s, to be staged at the Weston Homes Community Stadium on Saturday lunchtime.
Spurs boss, Pochettino, who used to be the manager of Espanyol (2009-12), decided to take his squad back to his old haunt, in the Catalonian capital.
The Londoners flew out to Spain on Sunday, and were due to return today.
You may also want to watch:
The squad have already trained at the Olympic Stadium, where Espanyol played during Pochettino’s three-year spell.
Star players such as Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Heung-Min Son trained at the Olympic Stadium yesterday, and they have also been enjoying some leisuretime along the coast of the Balearic Sea.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
In fact, young ‘keeper Luke McGee posted a picture, on a social networking site, of himself and team-mates Ben Davies, Tom Carroll, Kieran Trippier and Dele Alli all riding motorised bikes on the promenade.
Tottenham, who beat Leicester in a third round replay, have a busy period coming up. After their cup clash with the U’s, they have league games against Norwich, Watford and Manchester City, and a Europa Cup game against Fiorentina.