Spurs priced out of Tevez move
TOTTENHAM were reeling last night after being told Liverpool are willing to shell out �50million for Carlos Tevez. (The Sun)The Spurs board sanctioned an �18m move for the Argie striker, whose loan at Manchester United ends this summer.
TOTTENHAM were reeling last night after being told Liverpool are willing to shell out �50million for Carlos Tevez. (The Sun)
The Spurs board sanctioned an �18m move for the Argie striker, whose loan at Manchester United ends this summer.
But they were blown away when the Tevez camp revealed Liverpool are ready to offer the �26m asking fee AND a staggering �160,000-a-week three-year deal - worth �8.3m-a-year.
United insist they still want to cut a deal with Tevez, who is loaned to them by his owner Kia Joorabchian.
You may also want to watch:
Although they are refusing to pay Joorabchian's current asking price, United would be sickened if he switched to bitter rivals Liverpool - a move which would also infuriate Old Trafford fans.
But unsettled striker Tevez, 25, revealed in SunSport last week that he would join Liverpool if they made a bid.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
Instead, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp will concentrate on securing the signing of Sunderland forward Kenwyne Jones.