Spurs put off by Toni's wages
TOTTENHAM boss Harry Redknapp has been left stunned by Luca Toni's sky-high wages at Bayern Munich after stepping up his search for a target man to lead the Spurs attack.
TOTTENHAM boss Harry Redknapp has been left stunned by Luca Toni's sky-high wages at Bayern Munich after stepping up his search for a target man to lead the Spurs attack. (Daily Mail)
The �4million-rated striker is said to earn 5.5million euros a year after tax, and, perhaps unsurprisingly, admits he has no idea where he will be playing next season.
The 32-year-old Italy international looks to be surplus to requirements at the Allianz Arena and has been linked with a move to White Hart Lane and Fenerbahce.
Toni has faced criticism since linking up with Italy for the Confederations Cup but he feels that he always faces that kind of response when he plays for the national side.
“Everyone is in great shape except me - I am described as slow, clumsy and off form,” he said.
“I am 32 and do not feel old. In fact, I am in my prime after scoring 61 goals in two years in Germany.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
“I don't think that's a record to be sniffed at.”