Spurs put off by Toni's wages
TOTTENHAM boss Harry Redknapp has been left stunned by Luca Toni's sky-high wages at Bayern Munich after stepping up his search for a target man to lead the Spurs attack.
TOTTENHAM boss Harry Redknapp has been left stunned by Luca Toni's sky-high wages at Bayern Munich after stepping up his search for a target man to lead the Spurs attack. (Daily Mail)
The �4million-rated striker is said to earn 5.5million euros a year after tax, and, perhaps unsurprisingly, admits he has no idea where he will be playing next season.
The 32-year-old Italy international looks to be surplus to requirements at the Allianz Arena and has been linked with a move to White Hart Lane and Fenerbahce.
Toni has faced criticism since linking up with Italy for the Confederations Cup but he feels that he always faces that kind of response when he plays for the national side.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone is in great shape except me - I am described as slow, clumsy and off form,” he said.
“I am 32 and do not feel old. In fact, I am in my prime after scoring 61 goals in two years in Germany.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
“I don't think that's a record to be sniffed at.”