Spurs to up Sissoko offer
TOTTENHAM are set to up their offer for French starlet Moussa Sissoko to �15.5million. (The Sun)Toulouse have already snubbed a �12m bid from Spurs manager Harry Redknapp for the midfield hardman, 19.
TOTTENHAM are set to up their offer for French starlet Moussa Sissoko to �15.5million. (The Sun)
Toulouse have already snubbed a �12m bid from Spurs manager Harry Redknapp for the midfield hardman, 19.
The French club want �25m and Sissoko said: “I would like to play one day in England. But I am in no hurry to leave.”
Meanwhile, Redknapp could be forced back into the transfer market after learning Jonathan Woodgate could be out for at least two months. (Daily Mirror)
England centre-back Woodgate flew to Germany for key-hole surgery on the groin problem that has dogged him throughout Tottenham's pre-season campaign.
Spurs fear a minimum eight week absence for the 29-year-old, who has been set a series of specific targets as part of his recovery process.
- 1 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 2 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 5 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 6 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 7 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 8 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 9 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 10 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
But with Michael Dawson struggling with an achilles problem that rules him out of the season opener against Liverpool and club captain Ledley King unable to play back to back games because of his enduring knee injury, it leaves Redknapp short at the back.
New �9million signing from Newcastle Sebastien Bassong will make his debut alongside King against Liverpool but while Vedran Corluka, Tom Huddlestone or injury-plagued French defender Dorian Dervitte are options, Redknapp is likely to want to get an extra man in.
It is a major setback for Woodgate, who was outstanding for Redknapp last term despite falling out of favour with England boss Fabio Capello.
Spurs confirmed: “Jonathan Woodgate underwent minor surgery on the groin problem that has prevented his participation in our pre-season preparations. Jonathan will now begin a rehabilitation programme with our physios.”