Spurs turn to Celtic star
TOTTENHAM boss Harry Redknapp is considering a move for Celtic's Scott Brown as he ponders how to add muscle and energy to his midfield following the sale of Didier Zokora to Sevilla.
TOTTENHAM boss Harry Redknapp is considering a move for Celtic's Scott Brown as he ponders how to add muscle and energy to his midfield following the sale of Didier Zokora to Sevilla. (The Guardian)
The Spurs manager, in his second transfer window at the club, is satisfied at how his squad has taken shape but he said if he could “find any player to improve us, I would do it”.
Redknapp has been linked with a bid for Toulouse's highly-rated 19-year-old midfielder Moussa Sissoko, who is of interest to a host of clubs and, as such, would not come cheaply. Toulouse rate him at �15m.
Brown, however, would cost in the region of �8m. The 24-year-old Scotland international joined Celtic for �4.4m from Hibernian in 2007 and he has become a key figure for club and country, winning plaudits for his box-to-box style.
You may also want to watch:
Celtic need Brown for their upcoming Champions League qualifying tie against Arsenal, the second-leg of which is on 26 August, days before the closure of the transfer window.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe