Spurs warned off �25m bid
TOTTENHAM have been warned off making any bid for Aston Villa's Ashley Young.Villa boss Martin O'Neill has said that he has not received an approach for Young, despite the winger being linked with Chelsea and Tottenham.
TOTTENHAM have been warned off making any bid for Aston Villa's Ashley Young.
Villa boss Martin O'Neill has said that he has not received an approach for Young, despite the winger being linked with Chelsea and Tottenham.
Villa - who have just signed Spurs target Stuart Downing - would only consider an offer in excess of �25 million but would be reluctant to sell to Tottenham, a direct rival.
Young is unlikely to be willing to put in a transfer request and Villa can offer him regular first-team football.
“The last time I spoke to Ashley and his agent, none of this was at the forefront,” O'Neill said. “No one has come in and asked us about him and if they did, they would get short shrift.”
- 1 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 2 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 3 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Death of Sophie Riley was misadventure, inquest jury concludes
- 9 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 10 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town