‘SRF Takeover’ at weekly Great Cornard parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In the latest of our Series on the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we focus on the Great Cornard parkrun, which had a 100-plus field
The 251st Great Cornard parkrun was held on Saturday, from Great Cornard Sports Centre, and was billed as the ‘SRF Takeover,’ (‘Sunday, Runday, Funday’) to celebrate a local running group formed just under a year ago.
A field of 102 runners, joggers and walkers took part, over the usual fast and flat 5K course on school playing fields.
There were four ‘first timers,’ enjoying parkrun for the first time. These were Tom Parsons, Steve Bayly, Peter Richmond and Clara Ilazenko.
At the head of the field, Framlingham Flyers’ Scott Manning was first home in 17mins 48secs, just 28 seconds adrift of his personal best for the course. Piotr Bulacz, of Sudbury Joggers, was second in 18:43, followed by Kieran Hayes (19:16), Darren Judd (19:25) and Colchester Harriers’ teenager Drew Olley (19:40).
You may also want to watch:
Cariona Ward Sell was first female in 19:40. Teenager Amelia Moule was second with 23:14.
- 1 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 7 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 8 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired