Stalker wins main event at Sudbury & District Invitational Darts League finals
- Credit: Archant
The Sudbury & District Invitational Darts League held its 2017 Summer League Finals and Presentation Night at the Sudbury Institiute on Friday.
Horse & Groom’s Jason Stalker won the main event of the night, taking the Howdens Grand Prix Singles title for the first time, with a 3-0 win over defending champion and four times winner Ian Randles (LMWMC Rebels) in the final.
But Randles partnered Malcolm Tonkins (LMWMC Rebels) to victory in the JMP League Pairs final, beating Stalker and Andy Lawrence (Horse & Groom) 3-0 to win the Terry Randles Memorial Trophy.
Tonkins was also successful in the Random Pairs final as he and Paul Stocker (Institute) ran out 3-2 winners over Jason Stalker and John Crosbie (Horse & Groom).
Steven Warner won the Warner Active Youth Singles for the second time, as he beat Charlie Rolland 2-0 in the final.
You may also want to watch:
There were also presentations made to LMWMC Rebels for completing the double of JMP League champions and JMP Challenge Cup winners, Alan Towns won the Warner Active Most 180s award, and Jason Stalker won the DGH Pest Services Highest Finish award.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 7 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 8 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 9 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k