Stanway Rovers through to Red Insure Cup final
- Credit: Archant
STANWAY Rovers are through to their third Red Insure Cup final in the last five years.
The holders defeated Felixstowe & Walton United 2-1 at the Goldstar Ground last night to book their place in the final, where they will face either Wisbech Town or Cambridge University Press, who meet in the other semi-final next Tuesday.
Striker Lewis Bentley scored in the first minute and added a second after 24 minutes.
Although Felixstowe got on top thereafter and created several chances, the Seasiders only had a 69th minute goal from Dan Davis to show for their efforts.
Stanway, who lifted the cup in its guise as the Ridgeons League Cup in 2009 and again last season, held on to reach the final, which will be played at Diss Town FC on Monday, May 6.
A full match report and photographs appear in today’s EADT and Ipswich Star.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 7 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow